Saturday, May 07, 2005

Bonnie's Birdie Bread

2 cups corn meal
1/4 cup white flour
1/4 cup flax seed
as much Harrison's Fine High Potency as you can stand
a little Zupreem Cockatiel flavored pellets (colored to get the babies to eat)
2 and 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
3 jars of Sweet Potatoes baby food
2 eggs (the eggs shells from the eggs, but you must dry them
and then crush them very fine
1 cup unflavored plain whole yogurt (fat free or not)
1/4 cup peanut butter

I mixed all the dry ingredients very well with my wire whisk. I mixed
all the wet ingredients very well with my other wire whisk.

I then put the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mixed them
up with a spoon. Then I put everything into an 8 inch glass cake pan
coated with Pam spray and baked it at 450 degrees for 25 minutes.

The birds loved it. ALL of the birds including the babies.